WHAT: Outdoor Residential Kitchen Fire.
WHEN: August 2, 2022 at 3:41 p.m.
WHERE: 12400 block of South Dr. 77099.
INJURIES: No reported injuries.
PROPERTY SAVED: Not available.
DAMAGE: $20,000 in estimated damage.
CAUSE: Failure of equipment or heat source.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene within four minutes to find an outdoor kitchen in the back yard of a house on fire. The fence between the home and neighboring house was also burned, as well as a storage building. The crews extinguished the fire which appeared to be accidental due to an electrical failure in the outdoor kitchen area. Firefighters from Stations 68, 83, 10, 73 and 76 responded to this incident.