House Fire in The South Belt / Ellington Area

WHAT: House fire.

WHEN: September 12, 2023, at 7:08 p.m.

WHERE: 11100 block of Sageview Dr. 77089.

INJURIES: No reported injuries.

PROPERTY SAVED: $289,750 in estimated property saved.

DAMAGE: $15,000 in estimated damage.

CAUSE: Unintentional (electrical).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene within seven minutes to find smoke inside a 2-story house with fire in wall cabinets. They quickly controlled and extinguished the fire. A primary search was completed, and the electricity was secured. An electrical line behind the cabinets shorted or failed and was found to be the cause of the fire. 39 personnel were dispatched to this incident, including crews from Stations 23, 70, 36, 61, 71, 93, 94 and Rescue 42.