House Fire in the Kingwood Area

WHAT: House Fire

WHEN: January 4, 2022 at 12:51 p.m.

WHERE: 2000 block of Parkdale, 77339

INJURIES: No reported injuries.

PROPERTY SAVED: $335 thousand in estimated property saved.

DAMAGE: $65 thousand in estimated damage.

CAUSE: Failure of equipment or heat source.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene within three minutes to find smoke coming from an attached garage of a 2-story home. They made an offensive attack and contained the fire to the garage. A primary search was completed, and the utilities were secured. Crews extinguished the fire and determined the cause was due to faulty electrical wiring that a freezer was plugged into. Firefighters from Stations 101, 102, 103 and 104 responded to this incident.