WHAT: House Fire
WHEN: January 6, 2022 at 11:38 p.m.
WHERE: 11900 block of Palmsprings Dr. 77034
INJURIES: No reported injuries.
PROPERTY SAVED: Not available.
DAMAGE: $110 thousand in estimated damage.
CAUSE: Failure of equipment or heat source.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene within six minutes to find the side of a 1-story home heavily involved on fire. They forced entry into the garage to access the attic and stop fire extension. Once the fire was extinguished, it was determined that the resident had stoked the cast iron stove and after leaving, returned to find the kitchen on fire. The American Red Cross was requested to assist the resident. Crews from Stations 23, 70, 71, 52, 61, 93 and 24 responded to this incident.