Apartment Fire in The Spring Branch Central Area

WHAT: Apartment fire.

WHEN: May 15, 2023 at 12:25 p.m.

WHERE: 8701 Hammerly Blvd. 77080.

INJURIES: Two Firefighters from the Village Fire Department had injuries to their hands, not transported.

PROPERTY SAVED: Not available.

DAMAGE: $60,000 in estimated damage.

CAUSE: Failure of equipment or heat source (clothes dryer).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene to find no fire coming from an apartment complex and investigated nearby complexes to find smoke coming from a second-floor apartment unit of a 3-story building. They made an offensive attack and conducted a primary search. Nearby units were cleared with no extension. The fire was extinguished, and it was determined that the dryer in the unit caught fire and spread to the nearby clothes and furnishings. Two firefighters from the Village Fire Department received small burns to their hands and reported back to their station. 55 personnel responded to this incident from Stations 2, 4, 5, 49, 50, 62, 77, 38, 78, 57 and the Village Fire Department.