Washeteria Fire in The Alief Area

WHAT: Washeteria Fire

WHEN: February 9, 2022 at 1:53 p.m.

WHERE: 8241 Boone, 77072

INJURIES: No reported injuries.

PROPERTY SAVED: Not available.

DAMAGE: $6 thousand in estimated damage.

CAUSE: Failure of equipment or heat source.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene within four minutes to find smoke coming from a washeteria in a large strip center. They made an offensive attack and extinguished the fire which was contained to two dryers and the sheetrock above the area. Crews ventilated the smoke from the building and notified the owner. Firefighters from Stations 83, 10, 68 and 73 responded to this incident.