HOUSTON - The Houston Health Department and its agency partners are announcing the schedule for sites offering free COVID-19 tests the week of July 6, 2020.
Texas Division of Emergency Management
The Texas Division of Emergency Management and the department will open four drive-thru testing sites, Monday through Saturday:
- Eden Event Center, 7450 N. Wayside Dr.,
- NRG Park, Green Lot, 1 Reliant Park.,
- HCC - Northeast Campus, 555 Community College Dr., and
- HCC - South Campus, 1990 Airport Blvd.
TDEM will also operate a walk-up site that does not require appointments at the Merfish Teen Center, 9000 S Rice Ave, Sunday through Friday.
TDEM sites require appointments, available by visiting txcovidtest.org.
United Memorial Medical Center
United Memorial Medical Center (UMMC) will continue its weekday testing at drive-thru testing sites at the Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star Dr., and HCC - Southeast Campus, 6815 Rustic St.
The sites don't require appointments and offer testing from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or until each reaches daily capacity of 250 tests.
Other UMMC sites opening weekdays are:
- UMMC Tidwell, 510 W Tidwell Rd., 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Forest Brook Middle School, 7525 Tidwell Rd, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cullen Middle School, 6900 Scott St., 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., and
- Griggs School, 801 Regional Park Dr., 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
People needing information about UMMC testing sites can call 1-866-333-COVID or visit ummcscreening.com.
Houston Health Department and Community-Based Sites
The department operates two free drive-thru COVID-19 community-based testing sites open to anyone, regardless of symptoms. Each site has capacity for 650 tests per day.
Days of operation for the sites are Monday through Saturday.
People can call the department’s COVID-19 Call Center at 832-393-4220 between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. to receive an access code and directions to the nearest community-based site.
Federally Qualified Health Centers
The health department is providing test kits, lab access and equipment to four local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) so they can expand their COVID-19 testing capacity. The centers and phone numbers people can call to set up testing appointments are:
- Spring Branch Community Health Center, 713-462-6565
- El Centro de Corazon, 713-660-1880
- Avenue 360 Health and Wellness, 713-426-0027
- Lone Star Circle of Care at the University of Houston, 346-348-1200 and
- Community Health Network, 281-816-3317.
FQHC patients pay what they can afford, based on income and family size, and are not denied services due to inability to pay or lack of insurance.
The department and its agency partners may shift locations and schedules of test sites to better meet community needs. Houstonians can visit HoustonEmergency.org/covid19 for current Houston test sites and information about stopping the spread of the virus.
Information obtained through testing, treatment or services will not be used against immigrants in their public charge evaluation.