House Fire in The Near Southwest Area

WHAT: House Fire

WHEN: January 14, 2022 at 4:14 a.m.

WHERE: 4100 block of Osby Dr. 77025

INJURIES: No reported injuries.

PROPERTY SAVED: $130 thousand in estimated property saved.

DAMAGE: $70 thousand in estimated damage.

CAUSE: Failure of equipment or heat source.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene within six minutes and found smoke coming from a 1-story home. Crews removed sheetrock to gain access to the attic and extinguish a fire around the furnace. The cause appeared to be electrical, involving the HVAC system which, according to the homeowner, had recently been worked on. Firefighters from Stations 37, 21, 3, 33 and 59 responded to this incident.