House Fire in The Greater Fifth Ward Area

WHAT: House Fire

WHEN: April 17, 2022 at 3:54 p.m.

WHERE: 2300 block of Gregg, 77026

INJURIES: No reported injuries.

PROPERTY SAVED: $59,000 in estimated property saved.

DAMAGE: $17,000 in estimated damage.

CAUSE: Heat source to combustible (candle)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene within seven minutes to find smoke coming from a house. They entered the home and found and extinguished a fire. The home was ventilated, and a primary search of the home found no one. All the residents had safely gotten out of the home. A candle had caught nearby combustibles on fire which extended up a wall and ignited the cabinets above, spreading the fire throughout the kitchen. Crews from Stations 9, 15, 8, 19, 12, 17, 27, 6 and 30 responded to this incident.