House Fire in The Fourth Ward Area

WHAT: House fire.

WHEN: April 29, 2024, at 4:15 p.m.

WHERE: 1300 block of Ruthven St. 77019.

INJURIES: One civilian transported to the hospital.

PROPERTY SAVED: $150,000 in estimated property saved.

DAMAGE: $100,000 in estimated damage.

CAUSE: Unintentional (unattended cooking).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene to find a house on fire. They made an attack on the fire and conducted a primary search with no one found. The resident had self-extricated from the home and was transported by HFD EMS to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The crews extinguished the fire, checked for extension, and ventilated the home. The fire originated from the stove due to unattended cooking. 32 personnel responded to this incident, including firefighters from Stations 6, 8, 7 and 30.