Fast Food Restaurant Fire in The Greater Greenspoint Area

WHAT: Fast Food Restaurant Fire

WHEN: June 14, 2022 at 2:12 p.m.

WHERE: 16485 Imperial Valley, 77060

INJURIES: No reported injuries.

PROPERTY SAVED: $185,000 in estimated property saved.

DAMAGE: $15,000 in estimated damage.

CAUSE: Unintentional (heat source too close to combustible).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene within five minutes to find smoke coming from the back of a fast-food restaurant’s kitchen. It was determined that the smoke was coming from inside the wall inside a water heater closet. The crews opened the wall from the interior and exterior to find a fire in the wall with a discarded cigarettes in the mulch on the ground near it. They extinguished the fire and ensured there were no hotspots. Firefighters from Stations 74, 84 and 64 responded to this incident.