What: Apartment Fire in Southwest Houston
When: Monday, May 22, 2017 at 9:02 a.m.
Where: 14603 Fonmeadow Dr., Houston Texas 77035
Injuries: No injuries reported
Damage: Estimated $15,000 in damage
Cause: The cause of the fire was due to unattended cooking and deemed unintentional
Details: Firefighters arrived on location of building with light smoke showing from the 2nd floor with a sprinkler activated. Firefighters began to evacuate the residents from the fire floor as well as the floor above. Firefighters discovered an extinguished fire on the stove contained to a pot with one sprinkler head activated. Firefighters shut down the sprinkler system and began water removal operations form the unit. No injuries were reported. The incident was deemed under control and tapped out at 9:34 a.m. 14 HFD units responded to this incident.