HOUSTON - The Houston Health Department and its agency partners are announcing the schedule for sites offering free COVID-19 tests the week of June 29, 2020.
Texas Division of Emergency Management
The Texas Division of Emergency Management and the department will open five drive-thru test sites:
- Hobby Elementary, 4021 Woodmont Dr.,
- NRG Park Green Lot, 1 Reliant Park,
- HCC-Northeast Campus, 555 Community College Dr.
- HCC – South Campus, 1990 Airport Blvd., and
- Dr.Askew Elementary, 11200 Wood Lodge
TDEM sites require appointments, available by calling 512-883-2400 or visiting txcovidtest.org.
United Memorial Medical Center
United Memorial Medical Center (UMMC) will continue its weekday testing at a drive-thru and walk-up test site at the Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star, and a drive-thru site at Houston Community College-Southeast, 6815 Rustic, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The sites don’t require appointments and offer testing from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or until reaching its daily capacity of 250 tests.
Other UMMC sites opening weekdays are:
- UMMC Tidwell, 510 W Tidwell Rd., 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Forest Brook Middle School, 7525 Tidwell Rd, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cullen Middle School, 6900 Scott St., 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., and
- Griggs School, 801 Regional Park Dr., 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
UMMC sites will close Friday, July 3 for the holiday weekend.
People needing information about UMMC test sites can call 1-866-333-COVID or visit ummcscreening.com.
Houston Health Department Community-Based Sites & Mobile Unit
The department operates two free drive-thru COVID-19 community-based testing sites open to anyone, regardless of symptoms. Each site has capacity for 500 tests per day and will open Monday through Saturday.
People can call the department’s COVID-19 Call Center at 832-393-4220 between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. to receive an access code and directions to the nearest community-based site.
The department will also open its mobile unit at Willowridge High School, 16301 Chimney Rock Rd, June 30 to July 3 for drive-thru testing. The site does not require appointments and is open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. or until reaching daily capacity of 250.
Federally Qualified Health Centers
The health department is providing test kits, lab access and equipment to four local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) so they can expand their COVID-19 testing capacity. The centers and phone numbers people can call to set up testing appointments are:
- Spring Branch Community Health Center, 713-462-6565
- El Centro de Corazon, 713-660-1880
- Avenue 360 Health and Wellness, 713-426-0027
- Lone Star Circle of Care at the University of Houston, 346-348-1200 and
- Community Health Network, 281-816-3317.
FQHC patients pay what they can afford, based on income and family size, and are not denied services due to inability to pay or lack of insurance.
The department and its agency partners may shift locations and schedules of test sites to better meet community needs. Houstonians can visit HoustonEmergency.org/covid19 for current Houston test sites and information about stopping the spread of the virus.
Information obtained through testing, treatment or services will not be used against immigrants in their public charge evaluation.